The goal of my research program is to advance our knowledge and understanding of the effects of land use and land cover changes (e.g., as a result from climate change, development pressures, wildfire) on the resilience and vulnerability of species at risk and their habitats, with an emphasis on the suitability, availability, and function of habitat.
three main research themes:
- Determine landscape features contributing to habitat occupancy and suitability
- Spatial ecology of species at risk
- Develop novel tools to assess resilience of critical habitat
- Predict how stressors impact habitat suitability
- Create effective restoration approaches for at-risk reptiles at their northern range limit
select the research theme above to learn more